June Garment of the Month - Vogue 8827

I am pleased to say that I have a finished Vogue 8827. After reading the reviews for this pattern I have to say that I was feeling a bit apprehensive about tackling this dress. I also had a bad luck with the dress previously when I cut out the facings on wrong side and had to abandon it in favour of Vogue 8645

As a year or so had passed, this was enough time for me to mourn the dress and have another go. I have to say I am pretty pleased with how it turned out in the end and I like to think that the red fabric is both bright and femine!


Although this pattern is rated easy, I had heard some comments about the collar instructions and the fastenings. And we all know that Easy Vogue patterns sometimes have a reputation for being anything but easy. That said, I took my time putting this together, ensuring that I understood all of the instructions and I had no problems at all. I cut a 14 and sewed it straight out of the envelope with minor alterations - due to styling preference rather than fit.


I picked a ponte knit from Simply Fabrics priced at £3 per metre. My main concern with this pattern was my fabric choice. Originally when I put this together it looked like a bathrobe and I wasn't convinced at all. I was worried that I should have picked a jersey rather than a ponte knit to make it look smarter and more dress like. 

To remedy this I dismissed the tie belt which helped a million, and I shortened the skirt which gives it more of a cutesy style. The other obvious alteration is the omission of the sleeves as I prefer sleeveless dresses. This helps me cope with the heat of  the tube and lets me add a cardigan in colder weather. 


I have loads of interesting Vogue patterns in my stash so I am pleased that I have nailed one of them. Even though the pattern wasn't hard at all, tackling something different has definitely been a confidence boost.

You can see my Pattern Review here.

I am unsure of what my July garment will be. Originally I had planned another version of Vogue 8725, but I am hoping to finish it before I travel later in the month. I will have a think, browse my stash and see what inspires me. 

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. "July garment"?; gone girl. I've still got to get through June's. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! It's classy and stylish, but edgy. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress. Much,much better than the original pattern. Really like your changes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top