Franken-patterned Halterneck

Pattern Review: Vogue 8725


I have been itching to make another version of Vogue 8725. I knew that I would love a version with a flared skirt for the summer, but I wasn't 100% keen on the front seam in the original pattern. So I opted to use my adjusted skirt from Butterick 4443


I picked up this linen from Simply Fabrics priced at £4 per metre and knew instantly that it was destined for this dress. It is lined with dress lining also from Simply Fabrics (seriously, where else do I buy lining from these days??) priced at £1 per metre. 


I don't have too much to add about this dress. For those of you that are new to this pattern I love that it has A,B,C and D cups. It makes the fit really easy. I cut a 14 all over and took it in a tad at the back and under the bust. Looking at it, I could probably have taken it in a touch more under the bust, but I like that it is comfy and allows me to breathe.


This was a satisfying and quick sew and the fabric was a dream to work with and I love that this pattern really flatters my lady lumps, especially the ones up top. I have some more fabric lined up to make another version! I have a couple of trips coming up and am looking forward to wearing it out and about, despite linen creasing like nobody's business. Fingers crossed my hotel will have an iron!

You can view my Pattern Review here

I was out in Regents Park when these photos were snapped. I hadn't been there since I was at uni. It's such a lovely park. We had a stroll around the rose garden which was in bloom. Aren't these beautiful?!


Do you have any favourite summer sewing patterns? 

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. I like a Frankened-anything pattern! Great combination in this dress, I had absolutely no idea. The shape is really great and suits you lots.
    I still owe you some photos btw, sorry about my tardiness.

    Great dress! I need to get sewing on my own, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and you lined, Now, I'll take those roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks adorable! Love the fabric also :) It's super early so have to admit I read 'Frankenstein' dress first LOL. Yes, some more tea please... but yes really well done, another gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top