Introduction to Embroidery

Pattern Review: Summer in a Jar by Polka and Bloom

For my birthday this year my parents bought be an introduction to embroidery course. It was a 3 hour introductory course at the Village Haberdashery in West Hampstead. 

It was a small course of 6 people and the course was 3 hours in total. All of the materials including the pattern were included in addition to tea, coffee and biscuits :-) The pattern that we worked on was a good sampler to try a variety of stitches. 


I really enjoyed how quickly this project grew compared to cross stitch. It was a great portable project as you don't have to carry around a copy of the pattern as we drew it on the fabric with a water soluble pen. I ended up completing this on a work trip to Dubai.


The class was taught by Carina Envoldsen-Harris. She was a great teacher who explained everything clearly. I purchased her book Mandalas to embroider as there are some great stash busting patterns for left over embroidery threads, so look our for some more embroidery projects!

Work has been extremely busy so my sewing output has been minimal. However, picking up a small bit of stitching in the evening seems less tiring than sewing, so my embroidery and cross stitch output has really increased. Like I said, look out for some more stitching projects!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top