Filling out my work wardrobe

Pattern Review: New Look 6301

I still have a couple of makes from 2017 that I haven't gotten round to posting. Mostly due to being busy and the bad light in the winter.

This TNT pattern still hasn't gotten old for me! This version was made to fill a work wardrobe gap. The length is perfect to wear bare legged in the Summer or as you can see from the photo with tights and boots during the Winter.


I made this dress back in October and it has been in constant rotation in my wardrobe. The ITY knit fabric was purchased from Simply Fabrics in Brixton, London. It was a only £3 per metre and a dream to sew with!





For those of you that might not have caught my 3 other versions (here, here and here), I cut my typical size 14 for this dress. For the top of front bodice pieces (i.e. the cleavage) I cut the size 18 lines for extra coverage. I took around 1 inch from the top of the centre back. 


Despite the fabulously sunny photos this dress was finally photographed on a very chilly January afternoon. These were actually taken outside of the British Library after seeing the Harry Potter - A History of Magic Exhibition. I am not a huge Harry Potter fan but I really enjoyed it!


I am planning on making 2 more wrap style dresses for my work wardrobe. They are so comfortable and they pack really well when travelling. 

You can see my Pattern Review here

Anyone sewing some work clothes? 

Happy Sewing!




Comments

  1. I can see why that dress is your TNT. It fits you wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top