Pattern Review: Vogue 8870
I overcame my lack of sewing mojo in the past month, but it looks as though my blog has been a bit neglected. I am all finished with my March garment of the month, but I haven't had a chance to photograph it yet. To tie you guys over here is an oldie that is yet to make it to the blog. It's a modified version of Vogue 8870.
I finished this before my trip to Australia back last year. However, the hand picked invisible zipper was so terrible I vowed to rip it out and just sew up the back seam seeing as I can pull this dress on over my head without using the zipper.
I used the bodice of Vogue 8870 and drafted the skirt from a RTW dress from my wardrobe. I think that it worked out pretty well, although I would definitely come up with a better construction order. When you look at the inside of the dress you can tell I was winging it!
I have previously made this pattern here, and as you can see the bodice is tad more blouson. For this version in a woven I still cut a medium and it worked out fine with less ease. The fabric is a lovely rayon viscose priced at $5 per yard. I picked this up from Windmill Fabrics, Boston USA back in November 2014. I lined it with some black stretch lining from Simply Fabrics in Brixton priced at £1 per metre.
I am loving being able to pair this dress with tights and boots at the moment. I really enjoying the pop of colour from the sunflowers. I cannot wait to be wearing it again with sandals in the summer! I will definitely be making this again. I am kicking myself for procrastinating and taking to redo the back zipper.
You can see my Pattern Review here.
Stay tuned for my belated March Garment of the Month!