Butterfly on Flowers

Pattern Review: Vervaco Butterfly on Flowers

I seem to be storming through the cross stitch projects at the moment! Either framing ones that I finished ages ago, or in this case, finishing this year's mini cross stitch project. I purchased this Vervaco pattern when visiting one of my good friends in Germany this New Year. 



It is a really small project as it is only 3.2" x 4.8". However it does make up with it in stitches as it comes with an 18 count aida! As you can probably tell the most interesting bit of this project is the butterfly. I like the autumnal colours but they definitely dominate the project. 

This was a good portable project that went on many a train journey. It also reminded me of my really fun trip last New Year which made me smile whilst stitching. As you may have guessed from my previous posts, I do like stitching flowers and butterflies! And this projects combines the two!

This would be a good project for someone that it just past beginner in cross stitch and would like something a bit more detailed. There are no difficult techniques or stitches. it is just a little more fiddly due to the small aida. 


The frame was donated my by dad. I had intended to use one of his handmade frames, but the freestanding flap was a bit too low. However, this black one picks up the butterfly nicely. 

I don't think that I will rush to make another Vervaco pattern, but all in all I am really pleased with this cross stitch project. It makes a very pretty addition to our living room!

Happy Stitching!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top