Rose Cuttings

Pattern Review: Rose Cuttings by Dimensions

Two years after making my first stitch I have finished this cross stitch project! This was a lovely Christmas present the family. It is the Rose Cuttings cross stitch kit by Dimensions, currently available on Amazon here


This is a relatively large design (14" x 9"), but small enough for me to take it to my stitching group. The set comes with 14 count Aida which is a relatively large count for projects that I have been working on recently. The pattern was relatively easy to follow and there are no complex stitches, only full cross, half cross and backstitch are included.

The kit came with plenty of thread and I think that the shading adds some lovely depth. The only thing that is annoying with so much shading in a project is that at times it feels like you are constantly changing colours. 


I enjoyed stitching this and would recommend it for anyone past beginner stage that would like to take their stitching to the next level and work on a larger project. It is quite a 'classic' image which will not be to everyone's taste, but I enjoyed seeing the flowers come together :-)

I am currently working on another Dimensions kit, but one much smaller. My aim is to finish it by the end of the first half of the year as I have quite a cross stitch stash! After the smaller Dimensions kit I am hoping to start a cushion cover in order to give my partner a break from cross stitch being on the walls. As we all know that cross stitch on the sofa is much more acceptable...?

Keep your eyes peeled for (fingers crossed) another completed cross stitch project in 2019!

Comments

  1. It looked lovely when I saw you working on it but it looks absolutely superb now it is finished. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

February Garment of the Month