2019 Make Nine Plans

I know it is almost March, but better late than never with my 2019 Make Nine Plans. 

I thought that I should start with a recap on my 2018 Make Nine plans first. I completed 6 1/2 of my planned makes. It's currently at six and a half as I am currently midway through number 7!

I am really pleased with my progress. One of my two uncompleted makes was The Papercut Coppelia pattern, I just wasn't sure if the style was for me anymore. The other pattern was a TNT miniskirt, Simplicity 1370, for which I simply ran out of time in 2018. 

The reason I really liked the Make Nine challenge is that it made me focus my sewing for the year. all of these makes above are in frequent rotation in my wardrobe which is fab. Because of this, I decided to do the same for 2019!

1. Cashmerette Patterns - Webster Dress & Top


I have yet to try the Cashmerette Patterns. I love that this comes with a dress and top option. My plan is to make both! And for the dress to include a tie belt :-)

2. Love Sewing Magazine - Kimono Dress


On my To Do List for 2019 is to tackle a PDF pattern. I have issue 57 of Love Sewing Magazine and liked this simple dress to add to my work wardrobe. If you don't have the magazine and have some sewing experience, this would be a simple enough pattern to try instruction free!

3. Helens Closet - Yorke Pinafore

2019 is also the year for trying some independent pattern companies. The majority of my patterns are from the Big 4 companies, as these are cheap and I often like the aesthetic and details that are included. I know that people complain about the ease, but I don't find this to be too much of an issue. However, I would like to ranch out. I have seen some lovely Yorkes on the internet and I have some denim that would be perfect for it!

4. Simplicity 1059 - Jiffy Dress


Another simple dress! I have an ITY knit in my stash that would be perfect!

5. Simplicity 1370 - Mini Skirt


This Make Nine project is a hangover from 2018. I love a mini and it is a perfect stashbuster, especially if you have a small amount of leftover fabric to use up.

6. New Look 6301 - Faux Wrap Dress


Another one from the 2018 Make Nine list! I completed this last year, but it is such a great work dress that I am planning on adding it again to my wardrobe. I have a number of New Look 6301's. Maybe I will end up making one each year!

7. New Look 6468 - Jumpsuit & Dress


I love the different length and jumpsuit/dress options. I think it is a really cut casual style that can be dressed up or down depending on the fabric.

8. Avid Seamstress - A - Line Dress


I was lucky enough to receive this pattern as a gift! I have not sewn any patterns from this sewing company. This is a simple style that is right up my street. I expect that I will leave off the sleeves and go for the shorter version. 



I really enjoyed sewing my coat, so thought about what other coat like items are missing from my wardrobe. It is definitely a short jacket. I am undecided about what type of fabric I will sew this with, but I wanted an item on my Make Nine list that would be a bit of a challenge. Watch this space!

I hope that everyone is progressing well with their plans for 2019. I have had alot of work travel for the first part of the year and then I am organising a huge event taking place in May. This is why my list consists of so many simple dresses. I know that I will need to fill some holes in my wardrobe, but may not have time to fit in too much sewing. 

Anyone else a bit behind with their 2019 sewing plans? 

Comments

  1. I am lovin' all your choices!! That short jacket is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top