Friday, 29 March 2013

Déjà Vu...?

PATTERN REVIEW - SIMPLICITY 1884 (again...)


I shall keep this one brief as both the pattern and the fabric are things that have been posted about recently. As I mentioned in my last post I had enough fabric left over from the dress to knock up this top previously blogged about here. 

In case you missed out on the fabric info in my last post, I used some jersey picked up from Simply Fabrics in Brixton. I have a special place in my heart for Simply Fabrics. It is true that there is a real mix of fabrics (and quality) but it is the perfect place to pick up fabric for wearable muslins as it is so cheap.



I pretty much made it up exactly the same as last time, I only made some minor changes.
These are:-

  • Omitted the tie in the front
  • Lengthened the front and back by 2"
  • Used rolled hems instead of bias binding (as I sewed this pattern with a stretch fabric)

Front & back close-up


The only thing that I will have in mind next time I am sewing this pattern with a stretch fabric is to perhaps stabilise the armholes with clear elastic to stop them from stretching. This hasn't happened yet, but I can see that the armholes will stretch over time.

I love how easy this is to make. This is most definitely earning a TNT pattern status. I am already thinking about what other fabrics I have in my stash that I can use on this pattern! It's such a comfy top to wear too. I mean look how happy it makes me...


My review on Pattern Review can be found here.

I have a couple of things on the go (as I finished this top and dress a week or so before I went to Paris, but have been too lazy busy to blog about them).

One is Vogue 8711 which I have made previously and the other Vogue 8827. Both will be fruits of my recent Shepherd's Bush shopping trip. I am hoping to finish Vogue 8827 in time for a wedding, so fingers crossed it really is an easy Vogue!

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment