Summer Sewing!


Pattern Review - New Look 6122


Following the polka dot dress that you may remember here all I want to do is sew summer clothes. I tried to satisfy a bit of this desire by sewing up New Look 6122

I used some jersey that I picked up from the remnant box at Simply Fabrics in Brixton and I made view D from the pattern. The contrast belt is a remnant of black jersey from my stash which I expect I also bought from Simply Fabrics. 




This came together really quickly, especially as the construction process is very standard. When I originally bought this pattern the neckline options attracted me the most. The only thing that I found a bit annoying is that I didn't think that the back bodice is long enough, but I couldn't be bothered to alter it. However, it is bra friendly so that's a relief. 


As this pattern was so straightforward and uses negative ease, the only alterations I made were to french seam the skirt and I disregarded the elastic guide for the bodice back. As I cut a size 14 it meant that I did used alot less elastic to pull things in. On the plus side, working in a stretch allowed me to get away with no FBA and even though this is a crossover style in the bodice I don't need a modesty stitch at the bust. 



Overall I am a little underwhelmed by this dress, but I think that I will appreciate it more when the sun comes out. I didn't find this particularly satisfying to sew (which is why I was too lazy to take better pictures), but I am glad to have it in my wardrobe none the less.  Considering the cost of the fabric and the pattern, it's a bargain and I even had enough fabric left over to whip up a top, which I will blog about later.



Here is the link to my review on Pattern Review

Hopefully April will bring some more inspiring sews. I recently did a fabric shop in Shepherds Bush which for me is food for the soul, and I was lucky enough to snap up some fabric in Paris. Here is a snap of one of the shops around the Sacré-Cœur.



Happy Sewing everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top